Zone of Proximal Development is the difference bewtween a childs "actual development level
as determined through problem solving under adult guidance or in collaboration with more capable peers"
Five componetns that play an improtant role in a child's development
in real world activities are:
- Selecting the activity in which guidance takes place.
- Deciding the goals of the activity.
- Establishing bridges between what the child knows and what
the adult wants to induct the child into.
- ensuring that the child attains indepenence functioning
- and communicating in a number of dimensions.